You can monetize your Ghost.org Blog through range of different ways. As i already explained in this article of How to make money from your Ghost.org Blog? If you choose to monetize your blog through Google AdSense then through this post you will learn how to insert ads on top as well as in the posts of your Blog posts in Ghost.org. Automation is a big problem in Ghost blog and this article will help you to automate your ad placement through using the machine learning and manually placing the ads in your Ghost theme.
AdSense is one of the best way to monetize your blog and if you have enough traffic you can generate good amount of money. My philosphy behind starting a blog and monetizing it with AdSense was to cover my Yearly Ghost hosting costs. And, if i make enough money to cover my hosting cost it is good for me. Writing long-form and quality articles is the purpose of making a blog. I am proud of Ghost and If you haven’t started a Ghost blog yet, Start your own blog by click here.
Inserting Machine learning ads from Google AdSense
One advantage of adding machine learning ads from Google AdSense which is also known as Auto-ads is that it will find best place for ads to be displayed in front of your user. As it is hard for a non-technical person to add ads everywhere she wanted but you can do this through Google AdSense Auto-ads. I am completely satisfied with the ad displayed in my blog.
Here is the step-by-step process to add Google AdSense Auto-ads in your Ghost blog:
- Go to your Google AdSense account.
- Click on Ads menu and you will see the Auto-ads on top of the page.
- Copy the code.
- Go to your Ghost.org Blog page and click on "Code Injection" and paste the code inside the <head> section.
- Done. Wait for few days because it takes time for Google AdSense machine learning code to find best places for ad-placement.
If you want to improve your AdSense Earnings then you have to place AdSense Auto-ads as well as manually place the ad-codes. I am blogging from the last 4 years and using AdSense for making money and i have learned this very useful tips to always use Auto-ads combined with manual placement to get more earnings from AdSense.
How to place AdSense ad units in your Ghost Theme?
One thing to note down here is that the theme you are using will have a different code. I am using "Casper" Ghost.org theme. So, let's edit it and place our ad-codes.
- Download the Casper Theme.
- Click on the ZIP file.
- Click on Post.hbs file.
- You can place the ad-code just below the </head> code.
- You can also place ad-code in the comment section if you are not interested to a comment section in your blog.
When you done adding codes to "Post.hbs" file, click on save and upload it. Remember to change your theme name with any arbitrary name. Adding ads to the Theme is an automatic way to display ads as you don't need to do anything beside publishing content on your blog.
The Third Way to add ads to your Ghost Blog:
The third way of adding ads to your Ghost blog is more mechanical.
A step-by-step process to add ads to your Ghost.org blog post inside the editor:
- Click on the "+" Sign inside the editor of the Ghost.org blog
- When you click on the "Plus" sign, a Menu will appear. Click on the HTML option and click on it.
- Copy the ad-code and paste it in the box appeared when you click on "HTML" option.
- Boom. Update it if you have published the post or after doing the SEO setting, publish it. The ads will appear after some time.
This is how you can add AdSense ad-codes to your Ghost.org blog.
If you haven’t started a Ghost blog yet, Start your own blog by click here.
Read more Ghost.org related articles: