I write a post about Joining the Medium partner program from countries like India, Pakistan, Brazil, or any middle-eastern, African, or almost any country. Writing on Medium is good and you could make a good amount of money writing on Medium but this opportunity isn’t available to everyone. I believe in equality and that is why I believe everyone should have equal rights despite the geographical location to access opportunities available on the Internet.
In this guide, I will explain how to join the Medium Partner Program from countries like India and Brazil where Stripe is currently in review while in other countries like Pakistan, most of the middle-eastern countries, and most of the African countries. Joining the Medium Partner program is an official entry of you into making money writing on Medium.
What is Medium Partner Program?
The medium Partner program is a program from Medium for writers to write and make money on Medium. When you enroll in this program, you have to write articles and enable the distribution setting on. Medium paid subscription worth $5/month, you become a Medium member when you bought this subscription and through this purchase, you can read unlimited articles for a month on Medium. The writers who you read content of can get a share of your $5.
Medium pay writers based on the reading time. The medium usually pay $0.03 to $0.04 per minute read time in most of the cases, the amount of money you make per minute read time depends upon the factors like how active the reader is on Medium?
How To Join Medium Partner Program from Any Country
There are three things to discuss here.
- Setting up a Payoneer Account.
- Joining the Medium Partner Program
- Setting up the tax form.
Before we start discussing the first option, you should know some of the things before you start applying these tips.
- You must be 18+ years old to Join Medium Partner Program.
- You must have a Bank account in your own native country. The country your bank account is doesn’t matter. You just need a bank account.
These two things are the most important. If your age is less than 18 years old then you could use your family member bank account and identification but remember this will be a very hectic thing later on.
You can also read: What are some sites similar to Medium.com?
1. Setting up a Payoneer account
You might be confused about this new financial constrain but this is the most important and the game-changer thing when it comes to making money writing on Medium. You can signup for Payoneer here. You should make an account on Payoneer before starting the process of Joining the Medium Partner program.
Payoneer is an easy, free, and efficient way to get paid online. To set up a Payoneer account you need some of the things like;
- Must have a bank account in the country where you are living.
- Must have country identification documents, in other terms you should be 18+ years old.
Setting up a Payoneer account is very easy. The very first step is to apply for the Payoneer account. It may take 2 to 3 business days to get an approved Payoneer account. Then, there will be a second process where you have to upload documents for verification. Both these two steps are very important in order to get paid.
When you are done with this. Then, all you have to start the process of setting up the Medium Partner program.
2. Joining the Medium Partner Program
After done with setting up your Payoneer account, you need to now start the process of Joining the Medium Partner program. The process of Joining the Medium Partner program is easy and you just have to fill your real information.
A step-by-step process to Join MPP:
- Make an account on Medium and set up your profile. Click on your profile and in the drop-down menu, click on the “Medium Partner Program” it will direct you to another page.
- On the next page, you have to enter your real information.
- Click on the Continue to the Payout information.
- By clicking on “Setup” your stripe information. The first option will be to choose a country, the problem here is that they have only listed countries that are in the Stripe eligible countries. For doing this, you need to select the “US” or United States in the first option. After that they will ask you about the entity, so select the first option. And, then there is a phone verification which can be done through just finding your country code, like i am in Pakistan so i will select “PK” and everything will be fine. You have to enter your phone number and you will receive a code, enter the code, and you are done.
- In the next process, you have to upload documents like your bank account statement and your national identification documents. You will also need a Social security number that you can easily find online by searching the keyword “Social security number generator” copy that number and paste it in Netflix and you are good to go.
- Then, the very important part where you have to enter your bank account information in the stripe. Remember we talk about Payoneer and how important it is for making money writing on Medium. Open another tab and go to your fully-approved Payoneer account. In the Receive menu, click on “Globel Payment service” you will have three virtual bank accounts. Copy the routing number and the account number from the USD bank account and paste it on the Stripe Payment gateway.
Congratulations, you are now officially enrolled in the Medium Partner Program and can make money writing from your previously published as well as new articles.
I have interviewed Sinem Günel where we talk about how she made over $11,000 a month writing on Medium. There isn’t just Medium that pays writers but over 7 similar sites like Medium where you could write and make money.
3. Setting up the tax form
You have Joined the Medium Partner Program, you can also start writing and make money but in order to get paid from Medium, you need to set up a tax form. This tax form is a necessary step in order to get paid from Medium.
Click on the Submit Taxpayer information. A new window will open where you have to select a form and enter your valid information. Remember that always add your real information. If you are living in India, Pakistan, Brazil, or any country, type your country name with a real address and all the information it required.
The requirements in the tax form from Medium is very simple and all you need to do is to just add the relevant information. It will take you less than 5-minutes and you are happy to go.
Most of the people who commented on my video where I explained how to Join the Medium Partner program from almost any country, people were confused about the Stripe account.
You don’t need a fully-functional stripe account to make money on Medium. Medium just use Stripe extension to pay writers.
When you enrolled in the Medium Partner program, this will doesn’t mean that you have created a stripe account but you just fill the form and added your information in order to get paid.
How Medium pay its writers?
Medium works based on the Net-30 payment model. This means that the money you make writing on Medium in one month will be paid the 5th of the next month. Let say, you made $40 in April then you will be expected to receive the payment till 5th of the May.
Medium pay writers for getting more Medium members to read. The more reads you get, the more money you will make. Medium has a metric for it which is called “Member read time” you get paid based on the number of minutes a medium member spent reading your article. To be a Medium member you need to pay $5/month or $50/year to read unlimited articles on Medium.
This is how the system works.
About The Author:
You can check out my Medium handle here: Aamir Kamal 🚀🚀🚀 and my YouTube channel Aamir Kamal, in both these platforms I upload content about Blogging and Marketing and everything connected to it. You can subscribe to our newsletter where every Sunday I will submit some of the best content related to Blogging, Medium, Ghost, Quora, and Marketing or anything related to these topics.